- CCTV Lenses ›
- Mini Dome Cameras ›
- Factory Automation ›
- Built-In Lenses ›
- Thermal Lenses ›
Contact: Dan Davies
MEGA-PIXEL/IR-CORRECTED P-IRIS VARI-FOCAL LENS FOR INTEGRATED
Announcing the 1/3”-format 3.0-9mm F/1.2 Model DF010QA3
December 22, 2011, Commack, NY - Tamron Co., Ltd (headquarters: Saitama City; President: Morio Ono) announced today the release of Model DF010QA3, a 1/3” 3.0-9mm F/1.2 P-iris vari-focal lens for integrated cameras with motorized zoom and focus, supporting mega-pixel resolutions and infrared.
DEVELOPMENT AND BACKGROUND
Demand for mini-dome and other integrated cameras is on the rise in the security camera market due to their installation efficiency and cost advantages. Recently, the integrated camera market has experienced a shift toward higher image resolutions. Tamron addressed this market need in 2010 with the Model DF010NA, a 3.0-9mm F/1.2 vari-focal lens for integrated cameras with motorized zoom and focus.
In addition, the development of image sensors with higher pixel counts has led to demand for higher definition in monitoring images in various environments. Existing lenses could not fine-tune the iris to match the environment, so image quality degradation due to diffraction at smaller aperture in bright areas was common. Tamron has addressed this issue with Model DF010QA3, a vari-focal lens with motorized zoom and focus and P-iris technology incorporating a bipolar drive stepper motor for fine-tuning the iris. This enhancement raises the installation efficiency of the integrated mega-pixel camera and enables the iris to be fine-tuned in order to produce high-definition, high-contrast monitoring images.
1. Stepper motor design allows the precise control of the iris setting
• There is often a drastic drop in image quality with ordinary lenses due to diffraction phenomenon caused by small apertures. Normally, a galvanometer is used to control the iris of the lens but precise adjustments of the aperture to a desired position were not possible. By using a stepper motor to control the iris, this lens is capable of adjusting the aperture to a position that does not cause diffraction, enabling an appropriate exposure level by utilizing the camera shutter speed.1 The result is the ability to record high quality, high contrast images, even in bright outdoor areas. This fine-tune control allows the user to acquire excellent image quality while at the same time achieve good depth of field at most installations.
2. Motorized zoom and focus.
• Zoom and focus are remotely adjustable after installation of the dome-cover.
• Original motor and gearbox designs provide the exact precision in zoom and focus adjustment required of mega-pixel cameras.
3. Realizes standard 3.0-9mm range and F/1.2 aperture along with mega-pixel resolution.
• Unique optical design realizes high resolution and high contrast from the image center to the periphery.
• Covers the standard 3.0-9mm range while achieving a fast aperture of F/1.2.
4. Compact design is ready for installation on popular 3-inch mini-dome cameras for use in a wide range of applications.
5. Infrared switching mechanism provides clear image quality with no focus shift under nighttime near-infrared lighting conditions for true 24-hour surveillance.
6. Further improvement in peripheral resolution over conventional mega-pixel lenses.
7. The effective image circle was designed with consideration of the diversity of CMOS sensor sizes.
8. Environmentally safe design.
1 Connecting the lens to a camera that does not support the P-Iris technology may cause malfunction. The lens cannot be connected to cameras that use DC auto iris or video auto iris lenses.
*Design elements and specifications are subject to change without notice.
# # #