TAMRON USA, INC. PRIVACY NOTICE
Requirements set forth by Federal and State authorities are designed to protect the privacy of individuals who obtain products or services for personal, family or household use. The regulations apply to all who store any form of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), such as Tamron USA, Inc. We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what Tamron USA, Inc. is doing to protect your privacy.
Tamron USA, Inc. collects nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive about you on websites, applications or other forms; www.tamron-usa.com and other websites operated by us from which you are accessing the Privacy Notice
• Through our social media pages
• Applications through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices
• Through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, including the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, the “Services”)
• Information you give us orally
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers without the customer’s authorization, except as required by law or in response to inquiries from governmental authorities. We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We also may disclose that information to unaffiliated third parties, only as permitted by law and only as needed for us to provide agreed-upon services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social media account ID, profile picture, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. YES YES YES NO NO Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. NO Physical location or movements. YES NO NO Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records. NO Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. NO
SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
B. Financial information and other personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
D. Commercial information
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity
G. Geolocation data
H. Sensory data
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social media account ID, profile picture, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Physical location or movements.
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
This Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). This supplemental notice is provided to you in order for us to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning used in this notice.
Information We May Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, including:
Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
Social media account ID
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from consumers or their agents, both in writing and orally. For example, from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they hire us.
• Indirectly from consumers or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our clients in the course of providing services to them.
• Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.tamron-usa.com) and interactions with our electronic communications. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
• From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. Personal information does not include:
> Publicly available information from government records.
> Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data.
> Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994
How Information is collected
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
Use of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information to us.
• To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
• To provide you with other information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
• To process your requests, transactions, and payments and prevent fraud.
• To provide you with notifications, reports, statements, invitations and other notices concerning products, services, events, or news that you may request or that may be of interest to you.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts between you and us, including for billing and collections.
• To improve our website and electronic communications, present their contents to you, and maintain their security.
• As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
• To respond to law enforcement and regulatory agency requests, as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of your personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When doing so, we enter into a contract with the third party describing the purpose of such disclosure and requiring that such personal information be kept confidential and not used for any purpose except to perform the services contracted or respond to bona fide regulatory or law enforcement requests.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category D: Records of personal property or services purchased or obtained
Category G: Location
…to the following categories of third parties:
• Our affiliates
• Our vendors and service providers
• Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose personal information in connection with products or services we (or they) provide to you
In the preceding twelve (12) months we have not sold any personal information and furthermore we have no intention to sell such information in the future.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
• sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
• disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech and ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 1-631-858-8409
• Mail your request to:
Tamron USA, Inc.
10 Austin Blvd.
Commack, NY 11725
For California residents: Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Services.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information (or their authorized representative).
• Describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, based on your preference. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
10 Austin Boulevard
Commack, NY 11725